Tuesday is Shrove Tuesday. It goes by many other names, such as Fat Tuesday, Donut Day, and Pancake Day. While you spend the day enjoying chocolate or whatever it is you’ll be giving up the next day for the start of Lent, pancakes are a great staple for any time of the year. And here are three recipes you can make to include your dog in the Fat Tuesday fun.
Egg, Apple, and Banana Pancakes
· 1 cup mashed banana
· ⅓ cup grated apple
· 2 large eggs
· ⅓ cup whole wheat flour
· 1 tsp baking powder
· Freshly whipped heavy cream for topping (optional)
· Naturally colored sprinkles for topping (optional)
· In a large bowl, mix together the banana, apple, and egg, until well combined.
· In a separate medium-sized bowl, whisk together the flour and baking powder.
· Gently stir dry ingredients into wet ingredients until just combined.
· Lightly butter a skillet over medium heat and pour about 3 Tbsp of batter onto the skillet. Cook pancake for about 2 minutes on each side.